At GTP we can help you implement online credit card processing through PayPal. Our e-commerce platform is PayPal integrated so that even if you are a start up business with no merchant account, you can accept orders and credit card and bank funded payments through your GTP E-Commerce web site.
Because it's easy and PayPal is a highly trusted brand in Australia! If you would like to use PayPal to process your credit cards payments online and have it seamlessly integrated with your Australian built GTP web site, then here is what you need to do!
Welcome. This section contains tutorials related to integrating PayPal with your GTP iCommerce Shopping Cart Software.
For phase 1 - Watch this tutorial on setting up a PayPal account
For phase 2 - Watch this tutorial on getting your API Credentials once you have verified your bank account
1. Setup a PayPal account via this link here
2. Use your GTP-iCommerce shopping cart email address to setup your PayPal account
3. Verify your email address
4. Add in your bank account and then click verify bank account
5 Check your bank account 2-3 days later for 2 small deposits
6. Log back into PayPal and verify your bank account by confirming the deposit amounts
7. Get the PayPal API codes from inside your PayPal account (see tutorial above) and insert into GTPs config Area
8. Log back into GTP-iCommerce and Click on Config>>Checkout Setup>>Account and enter in PayPal API Codes.
9. Activate PayPal as a payment option under Config>>Checkout Setup>>Options (See Instructions)
10. Make a purchase on your web site and test that your PayPal integration works. Note: You will need to use a separate PayPal account to buy with as you can't buy from yourself.
The first tutorial above goes through the initial setup process.
The second tutorial shows where to get the verification codes from to insert into GTPs configuration area.
If you wish to set up real time credit card verification with your own merchant account then please see our payment gateway information.
You can set up your PayPal account's preferences to require the phone number to be supplied when customers are making a purchase. In your PayPal account, click on Profile, then Website Payment Preferences, then enable the option under Contact telephone number.
Because we find that customers who provide a phone number for physical purchases are less likely to be fraudulent and because it makes it easier to provide good customer service we generally require the phone number in the GTP checkout unless you have specific reasons for not requiring it.
Please feel free to call the GTP Web Design Team if you would like to talk further about our Australian turnkey e-commerce web site solutions and integration with PayPal for your current shopping cart web site.